Dynamic Women Can Make a Difference!
Be part of a national group that:
- Fosters education and lifelong learning
- Advocates for women’s equality and human rights
- Offers opportunities to network with like-minded women at the local level, sponsor community action projects to promote equity, serve in club leadership positions, and lobby local, provincial and federal legislators on CFUW priority issues.
- Is part of the International Federation of University Women
- Has special consultative status at the United Nations
- Is represented at the Canadian Commission for UNESCO
Your membership helps strengthen CFUW's national voice on gender equality and human rights. As an organization entirely funded through our membership and dependent on our members lobbying their elected representatives at the local level, your participation makes a huge difference!
Join a Club and become a Full Member
- Any woman who supports the goals of CFUW is welcome to join!
- CFUW member Clubs can be found in cities and towns across Canada. Check to see if there is a Club in your area and contact them to become a member.
- Women who are residents of Canada and students at a post-secondary institution.
- A student member is entitled to all privileges and responsibilities of being a full CFUW member, but pay only 50 per cent of the club dues.
- Students can also become members-at-large
Join CFUW National and become an E-Member
- For those women who do not live near a local CFUW Club
- Any woman who supports the goals of CFUW
- E-members are a CFUW Club and therefore have the same voting privileges as other CFUW Clubs as determined by the Articles and Bylaws
- E-Members can hold office
- Applications to become an E-Member should be sent to the National Office at: suite 502, 331 Cooper Street, Ottawa, Ontario K2P 0G5
- E-Member Application Form (in Word)
- E-Member Application Form (in PDF)
CFUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or class.